Plant Centre Manager
Coles Nurseries have an exciting opportunity for a Retail Plant Centre Manager to manage the day to day operation of Coles Plant Centre.
The applicants will preferably have Garden Centre management experience, the ability to work with and develop a team, be forward thinking and interested in joining a business established over 100 years and one of the largest wholesale nurseries in the UK.
The business has plans to develop the Plant Centre in the future, and would like the applicants to be part of that process. Both roles are an opportunity for someone to make a real difference and grow their career in retail management. Salary will be appropriate for the position.
James Coles (JRC) and Mark Cade (MJC).
Responsibilities (initial guidelines)
• To operate the Plant Centre within Company policies
• To manage and control stock and purchases to maximise sales, profitability and stock turn.
• To ensure an annual stock take is planned and executed with accuracy.
• To ensure the team maintain the quality of stock, dry and green, offered at all times.
• To engage with JRC when planning new product lines, and developments.
• To be aware of Health and Safety protocols and inform JRC where action is required.
• Check frequently security around the site.
• Planning staff rotas ensuring sufficient cover is maintained in all departments at all times.
• To be aware of the ranges available from Coles Nurseries, and include in purchasing if appropriate.
• Ensure all staff are aware of cash handling procedures, sales/refund procedures.
• Train and develop staff members where required or desired.
• Annual appraisals of the staff team.
• The logging of staff attendance and hours.
• Maintain staff uniform quality and presentation.
• Ensure that customers come first and are at all times greeted with a friendly yet efficient team.
• To assist in development and implementation of marketing plans
• To comply with waste regulations, and ensure the site is safe and tidy.
• To be proactive, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
• To work with Steve Myatt and Joy Lamb (Garden Retail Success) in developing the business in
the Making it Happen programme.
• Any additional duties for the benefit of The Business.
Please send your applications including your CV and references to:
Mr J Coles
James Coles & Sons (Nurseries) Ltd
624 Uppingham Road, Thurnby, Leicester LE7 9QB