GIMA names awards judging panel
The judging panel for the 2017 GIMA Awards, which will be presented at a ceremony on 13 July, has been announced.
This year’s team is:
- Julie Burrell, Head of Trading Seasonal and Stationery, Wilko Retail
- Sarah Coldrake, Category Manager Garden, Homebase
- Neil Grant, Managing Director, Ferndale Garden Centre
- Robert Hall, Halls Gardensite
- James Hollingworth, Garden Products Buyer, Suttons Consumer Products
- Nick Liszka, Buying Manager, Wyevale Garden Centres
- Neil Pope, Editor, Garden Trade News
- Andy Schofield, Commercial Trading Manager, Home & Garden Group
- Allan Wilson, Senior Buyer, The Klondyke Group
The product categories will include Garden Care, Growing, Planting Equipment and Sundries; Garden Tools, Machinery and Implements; Outdoor Leisure; Plants, Seeds and Bulbs; Garden Landscaping; Pet Care, Aquatics and Wild Bird Care Products; Gardening Clothing & Gifts; and Garden Lighting, Water Features & Ornamentation.
Best Point of Sale, Consumer Product Packaging, and Marketing Communication awards will also be judged, alongside the coveted Sword of Excellence, GCA Supplier of the Year, Gardenex Export Achievement Award and PetQuip Export Achievement Award.
GIMA Director Vicky Nuttall, said: “I’d like to extend my thanks to all of those who have agreed to join us on our judging panel. I’ve no doubt that they’ll have their work cut out as the level of entries for the awards is continuing to grow and impress year on year. I look forward to learning what products they select – I’m sure its set to be another amazing year for the awards.”
Entries can be submitted via the dedicated online entry form, found at www.gima.org.uk/gima-awards/. Deadline for entries is 26 May. The judging takes place on 27 June at Warwick Racecourse.