National Sales Manager Amenity and Landscaping Sector
National Sales Manager Amenity and Landscaping Sector (ref:DS8170)
Location: South West England
Date: 04 Mar
Job Type: Full-Time
Our client is the world's leading biochar company, promoting the responsible production and use of biochar products. Biochar is a form of charcoal used for horticulture. Biochar improves the physical and biological dynamics of the soil and is proven to deliver increased productivity, health and vigour in plants, trees and shrubs. Our client produces a range of branded biochar-based blends for commercial horticulture, tree care specialists and hobby gardeners. They are currently seeing a dynamic individual to cover national sales of their products through to the Landscape, Amenity and Tree Care Sector.
The company has established a solid customer base in its core markets and is now looking for an individual who can support and grow the sales effort, increasing company turnover and profit margin. The role is accountable to the CEO and Commercial Development Manager who will support, guide and work alongside to advise and meet the company's objectives and strategic priorities.
The role will involve the following:
- Relationship building with sales prospects and influencers in target markets.
- Increase sales to existing customer base.
- Identify and secure new customers in the target market.
- Set up and manage network of distributors in target markets.
- Research and identify new sales and market opportunities.
- Present the company and its products face-to-face at trade shows and sales presentations.
- Negotiating terms of agreement and closing sales.
- Active participation in the development of company sales strategy.
- The candidate will have a positive 'can do' attitude.
- An inquisitiveness to learn and be challenged.
- A warm personality and sense of humour.
- Willingness to work hard and beyond the remit when necessary.
- A grasp of 'green' principles and understanding of the importance of sustainability.
- A proven track record in taking new products to market.
The successful candidate will have autonomy to ensure the sales objectives are met, so will need to be a self-starter, driven to build customer acquisition. They will also contribute to the creation of annual strategic sales plans and supply regular detailed feedback and analysis to inform future planning direction. A proven track record that demonstrates understanding of the sales process from prospect identification to close of sale.
This role demands an ability to think strategically, combined with the ability to multi task. A thoroughly organised individual who can tactically deliver and implement is essential.
Having a sound grasp of what makes this company 'special' and believing in the principles of organic production are essential.
Location: Based in central Bristol (BS1) but required to travel across the UK and Europe for meetings.
Salary and terms: £tbc + commission or performance-based bonus. 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays. Company mobile phone and laptop provided.
To apply for this role click here