Fuel crisis hits garden centre sales
Exclusive GTN Bestsellers Epos data analysis
Fuel problems kept many customers at home last week as garden centre sales dipped below the levels of the past four years for the first time since mid-May.
That dip didn’t stop overall September sales exceeding 2019 levels by 21%, another indicator of the market growth since the start of the pandemic.
GTN Bestsellers Top 50 sales volumes compared to the same week in 2020: week 40.
- Garden Products Top 50 – down 18%
- Growing Media Top 50 – down 23%
- Veg 2 Gro Top 50 – up 3%
- Wild Bird & Wildlife Care Top 50 – down 35%
- Christmas Top 50 – down 13%
GTN Bestsellers All Sales volumes compared to the same week in 2020: week 40.
- All Plants with Barcode index – down 32%
- All Items with Barcode index – down 12%
See the full GTN Bestsellers Top 50 charts, compiled from garden centre Epos data every week, with a years subscription to the printed newsletter for only £145.00 using this link.