The weather was partly to blame for the drop in overall sales last week but a bigger influence was the moving of Mother's Day.
Last year week 10 benefitted from Mothers Day providing a spike in sales despite the Beast from the East, but of course we have to wait until the end of March this year.
In the meantime we have garden re-leaf day to celebrate on Friday 22nd March. What have you got planned to increase footfall, sales, have some fun and raise money for the Greenfingers Charity? #getinvolved at www.greenfingerscharity.org.uk/gardenreleaf
GTN Bestsellers Top 50 sales volumes compared to the same week last year: week 10
• Garden Products Top 50 – up 4%
• Growing Media Top 50 – up 26%
• Wild Bird Care Top 50 – down 25%
• Veg 2 Gro Top 50 – up 55%
• All Plants index – down 14%
• All Items index – down 8%
To subscribe to GTN Bestsellers email email@example.com