September garden centre sales are set to hit record levels this year if we have a good last week of the month. After three weeks the GTN Bestsellers All Products Index is 7% up on last year and the best first three weeks of September since 2014.
Last week saw year on year sales increases for most areas of garden centre sales including plants which were up for the week for only the second time since March.
GTN Bestsellers Top 50 sales volumes compared to the same week last year: week 38
• Garden Products Top 50 – up 11%
• Growing Media Top 50 – up 56%
• Wild Bird Care Top 50 – up 10%
• Veg 2 Gro Top 50 – up 19%
• All Plants index – up 19%
• All Items index - up 22%
As Christmas opens in more and more garden centres across the country, next week GTN Bestsellers will publish the first full Christmas Bestsellers chart of the year. To get your copy of the GTN Bestsellers Christmas Top 50 every week you can subscribe using this link.
In the meantime, here are the Top 10 Christmas products from the GTN Bestsellers Epos data for week 38, the third week of September 2109:
1. Playwrite Christmas Magic Elf Door - 5016064100636
2. History & Heraldry Angel/Snowman Hanging Decoration - 886767124810
3. Lang Boxed Christmas Mugs, 3 Assorted - 739744130499
4. Playwrite Plush Woodland Friends - 5016064101428
5. Lang Christmas Message Coaster Red - 5055034705334
6. Suki Angel Personalised Hanging Decoration - 5053154290020
7. History & Heraldry Personalised Christmas Storybook - 9781780707419
8. Playwrite Christmas Plush Elf 28cm - 5016064092689
9. Armitages Dog Advent Calendar - 5000239103911
10. Premier Taper Dinner Candles Red Or Ivory - 5053844106617
Subscribe to GTN Bestsellers using this link