Plantarea Department Head Hardy Plants - Essex
Plantarea Department Head Hardy Plants | Essex (ref:DS9005)
Date: 18 Jan
Job Type: Full-Time
An amazing opportunity has arisen to join an expanding Garden Centre Plant team who are looking for an experienced Plant Manager to be their Department Head for Hardy Plants at their Essex based Garden Centre.
About the centre:
This traditional garden centre originally started life as a family-run nursery and became part of a nationwide group last year. They now have ambitious plans to transform this site from its current format, which generates £3m in sales per year, into a purpose-built Garden and Living Centre capable of generating £10m+.
This new centre is due to be developed during 2017/18 and once completed it will offer customers a truly unique retail experience, showcasing the very best in garden and home living products. With unique store design, product range and exceptional standards in visual merchandising, they will be the destination garden centre for North London.
About the role:
We are looking for a motivated and passionate individual to manage the Hardy Plant Area, someone who can drive sales and maintain high retail standards, whilst at the same time provide a level of service that exceeds customer expectations. The successful candidate will have responsibility for overseeing the day to day running of the department ensuring that the highest standards of plant quality, visual appearance and maintenance are consistently applied. You will ensure that customers are given the very best in service and you will provide them with expert knowledge and advice on plants. You will play an active role in the stock ordering and stock control processes for your sections and for training and developing your team.
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience of working in Garden Centres although we are open to talking to candidates from any horticultural background;
- have an energetic personality with an ability to easily engage with and connect with our AB1 target customers;
- have excellent knowledge of plants, plant care and maintenance;
- be able to recognise and act on sales opportunities;
- be meticulous to the detail in terms of product placement, standards, presentation, visual elevation and overall look and feel;
- and have an ability to manage and develop a team.
To apply for this role click here