With a rich history spanning nearly 80 years, Almondsbury Garden Centre is Bristol's largest independent garden centre. Based five minutes from Cribbs Causeway, we are passionate about plants and helping our customers to achieve their gardening goals, whether that's an ambitious outdoor project or adding some luscious greenery to their indoor space.
We're one of the best-stocked garden centres in the South West and are proud of our reputation for finding the perfect plant or flower for any gardening project.
We are now looking for a Plant Area Manager to join our dedicated team and oversee our vast plant department.
- Salary of 35k to 40k per annum
- 28 days' annual leave including Bank Holidays
- Staff discount scheme
- Subsidised social events
- Benefits package commensurate with a progressive company
- Relocation package
We provide the ideal environment in which to develop and thrive. Whether you're an accomplished garden centre manager or a budding plant enthusiast looking to enhance your leadership experience, we'll provide you with all the support you need to build a career to be proud of.
Joining a friendly team of experts, you will be empowered to make your own decisions and given full backing by the business to make your mark on your department.
We believe that plants bring joy, beauty and wellbeing to the world. If you share these values and are looking to join a forward-thinking company that will support your growth, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Plant Area Manager, you will deliver an exceptional service to customers and maximise plant sales.
In this fast-moving role, you will focus on all areas of plant sales.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop, motivate and lead your team and monitor their performance
- Take ownership of the commercial aspects of your department
- Advise customers on which plants will best meet their needs
- Ensure that products are beautifully presented
- Work with your team to make sure we continue to deliver an unrivalled plant offering
To join us as our Plant Area Manager, you'll need:
- Experience of working in a garden centre or garden department within a large retail store
- Experience of buying for a large plant area
- A passion for, and strong understanding of, horticulture
- Experience of managing retail staff
Due to our location, a driving licence and access to your own vehicle would be beneficial. A qualification in a horticultural subject would also be an advantage. If you are willing to relocate, a relocation package is available.
Other organisations may call this role Garden Department Manager, Garden Centre Manager, Garden Centre Supervisor, Retail Manager, Plant Shop Manager. Planteria Manager.
Please apply with CV to: Richard Truscott Richard.email@example.com