This is a new position for our independent garden centre as we are in need of someone to manage and maintain the plant area department. Over the past few years, we have expanded and successfully installed a covered canopy in our plant area and subsequently seen an increase in sales. We are now looking for someone to assist the garden centre manager in the day to day running of the plant area and take our garden centre to the next level.
We are looking for someone enthusiastic about horticulture but most importantly has a passion and knowledge of retail and customer service. They will need to lead the plant area staff and bring them together as a team to create outstanding displays and drive sales.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Managing the plant area department team
• Plant buying
• Waste management
• Responsible for health and safety within the plant area and for COSHH
• Managing all outdoor displays, labelling and point of sale
• Stock control - responsible for stock taking all goods using the EPOS system
• Liaising with the garden centre manager to create plant promotions and plant based 'events'
Qualifications & Experience Required:
• Must have previous garden centre experience
• Excellent leadership skills
• LEAN management awareness
• Exceptional plant /horticultural knowledge
• Commercial awareness
• Previous plant buying experience
• Knowledge of EPOS systems and stock control
• Excellent IT skills
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
FULL TIME, PERMANENT.
Please apply in writing with a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Goonhavern Garden Centre