Squire’s Garden Centre on Heathlands Road in Wokingham has expanded its current food selection by opening an exciting new food hall. Pictured right is manager Matt Tanner.
Space recently vacated by a clothing brand has allowed the centre to look at the range and offer a mouth-watering array of products, many of which are sourced locally from suppliers across Berkshire, Surrey and Hampshire.
The garden centre site has a rich food heritage as it was once part of Heathlands Farm, a large growing operation that supplied fruit to retailers, as well as having a popular farm shop on the garden centre site. Now customers can again explore the very best eats and treats, as Squire’s has expanded their food offering to include store cupboard essentials as well as delectable treats and goodies.
Some of the highlights include:
- Fresh fruit and veg – including organic tomatoes from The Tomato Stall on the Isle of Wight, and Wilson’s Wonders potatoes from Hook in Hampshire
- Home baking products - with free-range eggs from Chapel Farm in Normandy, Surrey
- Bread and preserves
- Delicious cakes and biscuits
- Dairy delights including cheese and yoghurts
- Freezer section - with ice cream from Grays Gelato in Polesden Lacey, Surrey, frozen fruit and COOK meals
- Beers, wines and spirits – try the award-winning sparkling wine from Greyfriars Vineyard on the Hogs Back in Surrey
Sarah Squire, Chairman of Squire’s Garden Centres, commented: “I am very pleased to announce that we have expanded our food offering at Squire’s in Wokingham, supporting local suppliers where possible.
"In fact, working with the local community has been at the heart of our philosophy for more than 80 years, and the Food Hall brings the very best local food and drink together under one roof - reducing food miles and keeping the best flavours right here in our community.
"It takes our centre back to its Heathlands roots. Supporting local growers is something we are committed to in our plant ranges, so taking this approach with our food offer is something that comes naturally to us and is core to our philosophy. I hope that customers old and new will come to discover our Food Hall - you’ll find it inside the garden centre.”