September ends tamely but still the best since 2014
GTN Bestsellers analysis
Just when we were heading for a record September volume sales level in the GTN Bestsellers All Products Index the heavens opened and it well and truly rained on our parade.
That meant, even with Christmas displays opening September was up on last year but it didn’t hold on to beat the previous record set in 2014.
With more heavy rain this week it could be a few weeks before autumn gardening and Christmas sales really get into gear. Fingers crossed for some cooler but drier weather ahead.
GTN Bestsellers Top 50 sales volumes compared to the same week last year: week 39
- Garden Products Top 50 – up 9%
- Growing Media Top 50 – down 34%
- Wild Bird Care Top 50 – down 20%
- Veg 2 Gro Top 50 – down 2%
- All Plants index – down 23%
- All Items index - down 9%
To subscribe to GTN Bestsellers email firstname.lastname@example.org