A once in a career opportunity has arisen to join our flagship garden centre at Twickenham. You will be responsible for managing the outdoor plant department. This is an outstanding department which has won GCA Ruxley Rose competition on several occasions and has a reputation for excellent plant quality and the highest standards of plant care and advice. you will line manage two assistant plant department heads and a number of full time and part time colleagues who make up a motivated, responsible and committed team.
If you are energetic, highly motivated, have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate a passion for plants, are commercially aware and able to create dynamic, inspirational displays this could be just the opportunity for you.
If you have garden centre retail experience and, ideally, horticultural qualifications, the ability to manage your department to achieve sales and profit targets, the ability to inspire your team to offer the highest standards of plant quality and customer service we look forward to hearing from you.
Hours: Full Time, including alternate weekends.
Rewards & Benefits
- Employee Discount – 50% in Restaurants and10% in Garden Centre on joining, increasing to 20% after 3 months service, 25% after 2 years’ service and 30% after 5 years’ service.
- Holiday (including bank holidays) – 5.6 weeks on joining increasing to 6.2 week after 2 years’ service and 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service.
- Bonus – We reward our employees with a non-contractual bonus at Christmas, based on the profit of the company in any financial year. (first year is dependent on start date)
- Pension – We are all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. We offer a Defined Contribution Pension Plan to new employees. If you pay into the plan and meet the government criteria, the company will too, and these contributions will be invested.
- Attendance – Our employees with 100% attendance in a financial year, are rewarded with Squire’s gift vouchers.
- Made A Difference Scheme (M.A.D) – a reward scheme for team members who make a difference to our business through; outstanding customer service, over and above normal duties or initiatives that have grown / inspired the business. There is a monthly winner and a ‘team member of the year’. All winners select a gift to receive.
- Learning & Development -You can look forward to a wealth of learning opportunities with us that will enhance and develop you with the skills and confidence you need.
- Free parking – available to all employees in the designated parking areas on our sites.
Interested in this role? Call 01252 356860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Squire’s is a family-owned group of 16 garden centres based in Surrey, Sussex, Middlesex, and Berkshire. We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticultural retailing. We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment. Our company is over 85 years old, and Twickenham was the first garden centre we opened way back in 1964. It was one of the first garden centres in the country and holds a very special place in the hearts of the family and at the heart of our business. Plants and core gardening remain central to our business.