Ergrownomics was begun by a father-and son team in rural Herefordshire, with one goal in mind: to break the mould, and manufacture a sustainable, high-quality raised planter, in the UK.
"We’re on a mission to do things differently, and to offer consumers a real opportunity to reduce their carbon footprint and plastic waste, learn about food provenance, and eat nutritious, organically grown fresh-produce - without the air miles or chemical residues.
"With Ergrownomics, we’ve set out to modernise vegetable gardening – making it comfortable, simple, clean and efficient – through a mixture of excellent functionality and dedicated guidance. We want everyone to be able to grow their own, and don’t believe that experience or available space should be a barrier!
"We’ve spent over seven years on crop-variety research and product-design – meticulously growing together, testing and trialling in our own planters at home – and we’ve revolutionised container-growing in the process."
Jamie Bending graduated from Durham University in 2019 and and returned home, wanting to take “Ergrownomics” from a prototype set-up that his father and had developed for their own needs, into a system that could provide repeatable, quality results for everyone.
"With this in mind, I set out to condense the research we’d undertaken together, channelling our own insights of real-world container-growing to offer a planter that could meet the challenges of the modern gardener, and make “no-dig” vegetable gardening as easy as possible!
"Our planters have been designed from the ground-up to take small-space gardening beyond a recreation - with sustainability at the heart of our beliefs. We never want to sell the same planter, twice; with that in mind, we offer a class-leading 10-year warranty, made our range fully recyclable at end-of-life, offer containers made from recycled materials, and use compostable packaging wherever possible.
"We’ve made our planters to be passed on, not thrown out, and because of their fully modular and portable design – they can expand from a single container fitting a small balcony, to large garden kits filling the interiors of greenhouses – growing as the confidence grows, and letting the growing experience expand, rather than replace!
"Our planters provide ‘real-world’ functionality for home-growing in compact spaces, including a drip-irrigation system (and two part filter drainage – to keep everything clean!), patented plant training system (allowing crops to be grown at high densities), and a customisable leg length, to ensure a comfortable working height (as well as preventing back-strain)!
"And finally – because we’re serious about building things that last – our planters are manufactured using rotationally moulded (food-safe) MDPE, galvanised steel, brass and aluminium. It’s a no compromise approach, but it means that all our planters have a design-life of 50 years, outdoors!"
Why work with us?
• We’re a family run business, designing & manufacturing all our products in the United Kingdom.
• We offer high levels of customisation across our range, allowing your customers to spec without compromise, and still offer quick and direct fulfilment on your behalf.
• Our planters open gardening to a growing market, including Renters, Beginners & Small Garden Owners. Our planters can strengthen the sale of seeds, sundries and accessories to these groups – by making gardening simpler and more accessible.
• We’re a small, on-trend & creative company with strong sustainability values, a compelling brand image, and available exclusively from only high-quality retailers, like yourself! Working with us offers something new and exciting to your customers, and demonstrates your commitment to sourcing creative & quality products from within the UK.
• We’re an enthusiastic team, and are keen to work productively with suppliers to showcase both our Planters and their products in the best possible light. We’re very happy to visit and offer exhibitions and demonstrations on homegrowing.
- Greenhouse kits (Imperial)
Polytunnels kits (Metric)
Automated Irrigation Systems with timers
Individual Plant Dripper Packs
Pipe Extension Kits
Sample Plant Training Packs
Plant Training Packs
Copper Protection Bars
Tel: 07568 521648