| Heaven Sends to launch New Christmas 2021 Preview from Jan 4th
GTN Xtra Promotion
Back to the future...
In lieu of trade shows in the new year, Heaven Sends are pulling out all the stops to deliver an amazing Showroom preview of New Christmas 2021 early next year...
From 2020 into 2021
Read the full story here
Whistler Grills looks to recruit Retail Sales Manager
As we head towards the start of a new year it is a time for reflection and hope so GTN has gathered the highlights of 2020 and thoughts for 2021 from: Alan Roper - Blue Diamond, Sally Cornelissen - Burleydam Garden Centre, Boyd Douglas-Davies - British Garden Centres and HTA President, Vicky Nuttall - GIMA, Amanda Sizer-Barratt – Gardenex, Mark Portman - Evergreen Garden Care, Brett Avery - Farplants, Kevin Turley - Lakeside Garden Centre and John Ainscow, Summerseat and Bradley Fold Garden Centres, with additional feedback from Mark Osborne - Chairman of LOFA and Sales Director of Outback International (UK)...
GTN Xtra Promotion
Find out more
Over £7,000 worth of prizes to be won in GTN's Greatest Christmas Awards
After a fantastic Summer, Whistler Grills is now expanding its sales team to cover the Garden Centre channel and various other retailers, and as a result is looking to recruit a Retail Sales Manager...
They’re back, all be it in a virtual form. GTN’s Greatest Christmas Awards are back for 2020 to celebrate all that’s great about garden centres at Christmas through the pages of GTN and the GTN Xtra e-mail newsletter and now we can announce there's over £7,000 worth of prizes to be won:
- The Greatest Christmas Houseplant Team – Sponsored by Woodlodge - £500 stock for the winner
- The Greatest Outdoor Plant and Christmas Tree Team – Sponsored by GTN Bestsellers -subscriptions worth £580 for the winner
- The Greatest Festive Food Hall Team – Sponsored by Garden Radio – 1 years’ service with bespoke messages, worth over £500 for the winner
- The Greatest Christmas Sizzle Team – Sponsored by SOLEX - 2 x Hotel Rooms at SOLEX 2021 for the winner
- The Greatest Christmas Pets Team – Sponsored by Smart Garden Products, Zöon -£500 stock for the winner
- The Greatest Christmas Community/Charity Initiative – Sponsored by Kaemingk – A display from their UK showroom for the winner
- The Greatest Social Media Christmas Marketing Idea – Sponsored by Glee – 2 x Hotel Rooms at Glee 2021 for the winner
- The Greatest Garden Centre Christmas Video – Sponsored by Premier Decorations - £500 stock for the winner
- The Greatest Winter Garden Care Sales Team – Sponsored by Elho - £500 stock for the winner
- The Greatest Covid Safe Christmas Display Team – Sponsored by Global Journey - £500 stock for the winner
- The Greatest Group Garden Centre Christmas Team – Sponsored by DCUK - £500 stock for the winner
- The Greatest Small Garden Centre Christmas Team - Sponsored by Ascalon - £500 stock for the winner
- The Greatest Mid-Sized Garden Centre Christmas Team – Sponsored by Kaemingk- A display from their UK showroom for the winner
- The Greatest Large Garden Centre Christmas Team – Sponsored by Festive - £500 stock for the winner
See entry details here
WinRetail system lives up to expectations for Grovewell
Get set for Garden Re-Leaf Day 2021!
Grovewell Garden Centres reveal how the WinRetail system from Corby & Fellas has been a great addition to their business, praising its reliability and user-friendliness...
Mark Friday March 19th 2021 in your diaries now!
Centre faced with ‘crazy’ order to close mini golf course
2021 marks a very special occasion for the annual Garden Re-Leaf Day event as this special FUNdraising day (March 19th, 2021) celebrates its 10th anniversary! Looking rather different to previous years as we navigate a new normal, there’s still a whole host of different ways to get involved in this ever-popular charity day that not only kick starts the gardening season but also raises much needed funds for the Greenfingers Charity...
Poinsettia is bestselling plant of the week
Cherry Hill Garden Centre is facing the ‘crazy’ prospect of having to remove a miniature golf course and play area from its site near Middlesbrough after being served with an enforcement notice from the local council...
Still time for Christmas to end on a high note
Plant sales almost held their own year on year last week, down just 1.7% but 7% ahead of the same week in 2018 and 23% ahead of 2017. Poinsettia moved up one place to be the No 1 Bestselling plant of the week.
Exclusive GTN Bestsellers Epos data analysis
Dobbies raises over £1m for Teenage Cancer Trust
After the record trading week, volume wise, at the end of November, garden centre Christmas sales have tailed off. But with one full weekend’s trading still to come there’s plenty of opportunity for Christmas to sell out and for garden products to sell in high volumes as Christmas gifts...
Woodlodge to help retailers drive festive sales growth with launch of new Snowlodge Christmas Décor range
Dobbies Garden Centres has hit a major fundraising milestone, raising over £1m for UK-wide charity, Teenage Cancer Trust...
Clothing range to open at Bourne Valley
Following its acquisition of Adobe Wholesale and The Garden Foundry, Woodlodge, the UK’s leading brand for pots, containers and garden décor, is to further expand its offering for garden retailers with the introduction of its new Snowlodge Christmas Décor range...
Stax expands range with new SBM Pest Killer
Klass ladies wear has signed a lease to open a new clothing department in March 2021 within Bourne Valley Garden Centre in Surrey...
As the exclusive UK distributor for SBM Life Science products, Stax has added the new Provanto Smart Bug Killer to its long list of gardening and seasonal ranges. Those ranges already include other leading SBM brands such as Baby Bio and Toprose...